Even Out Your Smile With Teeth Contouring
You no longer have to reveal teeth with rough or uneven edges. If you’d like to improve the look of your smile by fixing these flaws, then teeth contouring in Fitchburg may be what you’re looking for with your smile. Get the smooth and even smile you’ve been dreaming about at Brian C. McDowell, DDS.
What is Teeth Contouring?
Teeth contouring, also known as tooth reshaping, is a cosmetic dentistry procedure that involves removing small amounts of tooth enamel to reshape and smooth the edges of teeth. This procedure can improve the overall appearance of the teeth and create a more symmetrical and balanced smile. It can also be used to correct minor bite issues, uneven teeth, and chipped or broken teeth. Teeth contouring is a non-invasive procedure typically done in a single visit.
The Benefits of Teeth Contouring:
- Improving the overall appearance of the teeth: By reshaping and smoothing the edges of the teeth, teeth contouring can create a more attractive and symmetrical smile.
- Creating a more symmetrical and balanced smile: Can be used to even out uneven teeth, creating a more balanced and proportional smile.
- Correcting minor bite issues: If the teeth do not meet when biting, contouring can be used to correct the bite and improve the functionality of the teeth.
- Enhancing self-confidence: A beautiful and healthy smile can significantly improve self-confidence, and teeth contouring can help achieve that.
What Dental Issues Do Teeth Contouring Fix?
Typically used to correct a wide range of cosmetic dental issues, such as:
- Uneven teeth: Dr. McDowell uses teeth contouring to reshape and even out uneven teeth, creating a more balanced and symmetrical smile.
- Chipped or broken teeth: If a tooth is chipped or broken, your cosmetic dentist will use contouring to smooth and reshape the edges, creating a more natural and attractive appearance.
- Minor bite issues: If the teeth don’t adequately meet when biting down, contouring can be used to correct the bite and improve the functionality of the teeth.
- Overlapping teeth: Dr. McDowell fixes overlapping teeth by removing some of the enamel from the tooth to create more space and enhance the appearance.
- Pointy teeth: Your cosmetic dentist may round off your sharp teeth to create a more natural and attractive smile.
Dental Contouring Treatment
As one of our quickest cosmetic dentistry treatments, teeth contouring allows Dr. Brian McDowell to enhance your smile instantly. If you have teeth that appear too long or too pointy, or if you have small chips, teeth contouring may help you.
Our cosmetic dentist, Dr. McDowell will use precise instruments to remove a small amount of tooth enamel, smoothing rough teeth edges and balancing out the appearance of your smile. Then, when the length and appearance of your teeth are just right, he’ll give them a quick polish to help them look even better. In minutes, he can make your teeth appear more uniform and give your smile a more appealing look.
Best of all, you won’t have to worry about any pain. There aren’t any nerves in your enamel, so that you will enjoy a completely comfortable procedure. You’ll leave our office after just a few minutes with a brand-new smile that others will instantly notice!
In addition, your tooth enamel doesn’t grow back, so you won’t need to repeat your contouring procedure. Once Dr. McDowell has your smile looking just as it should, that’s the way it will remain.
Schedule A Personalized Consultation
Contact our cosmetic dentist at (978) 252-2049 to schedule a teeth contouring consultation with Brian C. McDowell, DDS to even out your smile. With over 30 years of experience in cosmetic dentistry, we care for dental patients from Fitchburg, Lunenburg, Leominster, Westminster, Gardner, and many surrounding areas.