When you’re experiencing a dental crisis, you need expert help as quickly as possible. That’s exactly what you’ll get at Brian C. McDowell, DDS. Our team has many years of experience helping guests through all sorts of dental emergencies in Fitchburg, so you can feel confident that you’ll receive high-quality care here. When your mouth is hurting, Dr. McDowell and our staff will:
- Perform an initial exam for your urgent need
- Help you get out of pain so you feel better soon
- Perform restorative dental care as needed to keep your smile intact
- Provide follow-up care to make sure your smile stays healthy
Call Brian C. McDowell, DDS now at 978-401-9081 if you’re experiencing a dental dilemma. We’ll do all we can to get your smile back into shape soon. Our office hours make scheduling easy for both early mornings and late afternoons.
Feel Better Soon With Our Expert Help
Over his almost three decades of dental experience, Dr. McDowell has seen and treated just about every kind of dental emergency imaginable. No matter what situation you bring to our office, he and our team can help.
Below are a few types of dental emergencies we commonly treat, as well as important steps you should take before your visit to our office:
- Toothache – Use some warm water to rinse your mouth. Then apply ice on the outside of your cheek to reduce pain and swelling.
- Broken Tooth – Put any broken pieces into a container and bring them with you to your appointment.
- Knocked-Out Tooth – Retrieve the tooth by the crown (top part), being careful not to touch the roots. Place the tooth in a container of milk, salt water, or saliva and bring it to your appointment.
- Loose Crown – Place a small amount of dental cement or toothpaste on the inside surface of the crown, then try to reattach it. If it won’t stay on, be sure to bring it with you to the office.
- Soft-Tissue Injury – Firmly apply a small amount of gauze or a tea bag to stop any bleeding from your lips, gums, tongue, or cheek. If it doesn’t stop within 10 or 15 minutes, head to the nearest emergency room or urgent treatment center.