Get Fast Help For Your Fitchburg Dental Emergencies
When you’re experiencing a dental crisis, you need expert help as quickly as possible. That’s exactly what you’ll get at Brian C. McDowell, DDS. Our team has over 30 years of experience helping patients through all sorts of dental emergencies in Fitchburg, so you can feel confident that you’ll receive high-quality care here. When your mouth is hurting, Dr. Brian McDowell and our staff will:
- Perform an initial exam for your urgent need
- Help you get out of pain so you feel better soon
- Perform restorative dental care as needed to keep your smile intact
- Provide follow-up care to make sure your smile stays healthy
Feel Better Soon With Our Expert Help
With over 30 years of dental experience, Dr. Brian McDowell has seen and treated just about every kind of dental emergency imaginable. No matter what situation you bring to our office, he and our team can help. Below are a few types of dental emergencies we commonly treat, as well as important steps you should take before your visit to our office:
- Toothache – Use some warm water to rinse your mouth. Then apply ice on the outside of your cheek to reduce pain and swelling.
- Broken Tooth – Put any broken pieces into a container and bring them with you to your appointment.
- Knocked-Out Tooth – Retrieve the tooth by the crown (top part), being careful not to touch the roots. Place the tooth in a container of milk, salt water, or saliva and bring it to your appointment.
- Loose Crown – Place a small amount of dental cement or toothpaste on the inside surface of the crown, then try to reattach it. If it won’t stay on, be sure to bring it with you to the office.
- Soft-Tissue Injury – Firmly apply a small amount of gauze or a tea bag to stop any bleeding from your lips, gums, tongue, or cheek. If it doesn’t stop within 10 or 15 minutes, head to the nearest emergency room or urgent treatment center.
Where can I get dental care for emergencies?
If you’re experiencing a dental emergency and your mouth is hurting, our team here at Brian C. McDowell, DDS would love to help you. Over the years, Dr. McDowell has treated just about every kind of dental emergency. Rather than continuing in pain, you can call us when you’re faced with a dental crisis. We’ll get you into our office as soon as possible for smile-saving treatment.
What if I have dental emergencies without insurance?
Many of our guests don’t have any kind of dental insurance, so you’re not alone. Our team will do our best to give your smile the care it needs as affordably as possible. We’ll always provide you with treatment options whenever we can, and we’ll help you decide what’s best for your situation. In addition, CareCredit is a third-party health care finance company that may be able to help you manage the investment in your care.
Can you provide dental care for emergencies?
Depending on your situation, we have many ways to alleviate your dental pain and help you feel better soon during a dental emergency. For cavities, we offer tooth-colored fillings. If you have a diseased tooth, we can stop your pain and usually save the tooth from extraction with a root canal procedure. These are just two examples of the emergency dental care we can provide.
Schedule A Consultation At Brian McDowell, DDS
Don’t suffer in pain any longer, call our Fitchburg dental office at (978) 252-2049 for your dental emergency. We treat patients for dental emergencies from Fitchburg, Leominster, Gardner, Lunenburg, MA and many surrounding areas.